Habits are what make a life
Updated: Jun 19, 2019
Here the are habits that I have acquired which prove to me that I can conquer other areas of my life and form new life improving habits..
1. I make my bed every morning . I've been doing this since I was a little kid. My mom didn't have to remind me but she did my sister, Marcie. Marcie was the messy creative one, I was the clean driven one. I make my bed so quickly sometimes Wayne is just going to the bathroom and planning on getting back into bed and if he doesn't say something the bed is made for the day by the time he returns. I have learned to ask him now.
2 . I've conquered laundry. Laundry is a no brainer for me. Wash on cold, don't get too uptight about separating everything. Have a sock drawer, underwear drawer so I can just scoop everything up and put it in the drawer with out matching and folding everything. Everything else gets put on a hanger. I get my laundry done quick and it's never sitting around in a hamper getting more and more wrinkled as I try to find time to fold it all.
3. I go to the gym/ walk at least 3 times a week. I really try to be religious about this and the weeks this doesn't happen I just don't feel good. My day doesn't go as well. The exercise with Si or Kathleen feels like therapy and we can talk and discuss our lives. The days when I'm on my own with air pods in my ears, I listen to a book or podcast . Both are good.
4. I read/listen to scripture every morning . I started this last year and feel like it has really helped me. It sets the pace for my day and gives me something to ponder and consider. I try not to get on my phone for anything til this is accomplished.
5. I wipe down my sink and countertop when I'm done getting ready in the morning. It really is a housekeeping thing, but it's helpful. My sink and counter top area don't get as messy and gross as they could be. I wipe it down; get the make up and hair etc. out of the sink.
6. I brush my teeth morning and night. This is another no brainer. The first thing I do in the morning is wake up, stumble to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I can't stand the morning taste and the toothpaste taste really helps me to wake up.
7 . I wash my face EVERY night. I do this even is I'm not wearing make up. I do this even if it's so late and I'm so tired and just want to fall into bed. I do this on automatic. My skin isn't great, but I'm working on that as well. I'm doing a PMD every four days and using good anti aging lotion night and day.
8. Unpack the minute I get home. When I go on a trip and then return I'm all about unpacking my suitcase and getting the laundry started ASAP. I want the clothes in the hamper, the shoes back in the closet, the toiletries in the bathroom and the suitcase put away.
9. I go to church every Sunday. I love this habit. As a young mother I wondered if I would ever get to this point, but I'm here and I love it. I want to meet with like minded saints and learn together. I look forward to the sacrament and singing hymns in a congregation. I love supporting and listening to the speakers. Church is important to me and the Sundays I miss it, I feel it.
10. I send out a school email every Monday. This is habit after 11 years on this job. I make sure it gets out and I don't delegate it to another day or think it's not important. It's my way of letting my school families know what's going on in our school and it's my way of connecting with them and hopefully getting an answer in return. I need to get better at using the template, there is some frustration there, but I do get the email sent.
These habits make me realize that I can set new patterns and habits in my life. I can create neuro-pathways that move me forward. I'm thinking of the habit of speaking only good, the habit of setting an intention for the day, the habit of gratitude and the habit of writing goals down. Habits are what make a life. Good habits can make it evolve to something higher, more deliberate...more.
Let's up level your habits and make your life the best it can be. I can teach you how. Get on a FREE mini session with me.